Linen Manager is an Australian based business specialising in the development of systems and processes for the linen hire industry.
The capital requirement of linen ownership is the most significant investment of a linen hire business. However, there are no effective systems and processes of managing the investment.
If you are in the linen hire business, ask yourself the following questions:
- Do you know the capital value of your linen stock?
- Do you know where your stock is?
- Do you know how long the stock is out on hire?
- Do you know if it is returned?
- Do you know when it is returned?
- If it was returned and damaged do you know who had it?
- Do you know how long linen is on customer shelves?
- Do you know the age of your linen?
If you cannot answer yes to any of these questions then you do not have an effective linen management system in place.
If you hire your linen requirements for your commercial accommodation business can you answer the following questions:
- Do you know the linen stock you have on hand?
- Do you know how much stock you require in the future?
- Do you know what linen you returned?
- Do you have access to information as to the age of the linen?
- Do you have access to alerts to low linen stocks?
- Do you know if your linen has been laundered to high standards?
If you cannot answer yes to any of these questions then your linen supplier needs to make available to you a linen inventory management system.